Syncing existing 1password account with new Mac

bcpierce
bcpierce
Community Member

I've set up 1password on a couple of laptops and a couple of iOS devices, but on another laptop it is not working: After downloading 1Password 7 and installing, I can connect to my account (by scanning a QR on another machine), but it gives me an empty list of Vaults in the Vaults preference pane.

One possibly relevant thing is that I had apparently installed 1Password 4 long ago on this machine. I didn't use it at the time, so I didn't feel bad about deleting its vault, but I wonder if it left some configuration file around that is confusing things. Is there an easy way to do a complete reinstall from a fresh state?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: the default one, I believe

Comments

• @bcpierce,

Is it possible that the glut of your items are in a standalone vault rather than one that's part of your 1Password.com account?

If you're signed into your account on the computer then 1Password 4 previously having been there wouldn't enter into the picture.

• bcpierce
    bcpierce
    Community Member

I don't think so -- I see the same items on the 1password web site as on one of the working laptops.

• Hi @bcpierce . On the Mac where your vaults are not showing up you can try these steps to start fresh: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Let me know how that works out.

• bcpierce
    bcpierce
    Community Member

Tried that already (three times), I'm afraid.

• @bcpierce

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from two of your Macs: one from a working one, and one from the one that isn’t working.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/446839/#Comment_446839
    • Your forum username: bcpierce

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• bcpierce
    bcpierce
    Community Member

OK, you may not be surprised to hear this, but when I opened 1Password just now on the misbehaving laptop (in exactly the same way as I'd done yesterday, when it didn't work) I saw two notifications about vaults being added and the 1Password display now shows all the vaults and items I expect.

Are you still interested in diagnostics?

• Hi @bcpierce

Thanks for the update. Glad it is working now. As long as things continue to work as expected I don't need diagnostics. If it does ever misbehave again please try generating a report while it is doing so. Thanks!

Ben

• bcpierce
    bcpierce
    Community Member

Will do -- thank you again for the quick responses...

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.