Updating to 1PW 7 troubleshooting

eskrima2
eskrima2
Community Member

We have 1PW6. Updated to 1PW7, but it does not recognize the master password.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @eskrima2. When you moved to 1Password 7 did you create a new 1Password.com account? If so, your Master Password will be the password you used when signed up.

• eskrima2
    eskrima2
    Community Member

My husband did use a new master password, but it crashed before completing all of the information. Now we are unable to delete 1PW7 because MAC says it is open.
    I rebooted and still could not delete it.

• Hi @eskrima2

Could you please let us know what happens now when you try to delete 1Password 7, now that you've restarted your Mac?

Ben

• eskrima2
    eskrima2
    Community Member

Husband gave me the wrong password. Now I am able to open 1PW7, however I now need to transfer the passwords from 1PW6.
    Sorry for the confusion.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eskrima2 - I'm sorry for the delay in our response here; we've been having a surge of support requests since the launch of 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows. Glad to hear you can open 1Password 7 now! What do you see when you launch 1Password 7 and enter your Master Password? Is the vault empty? When you click the vault menu (top left corner of the main 1Password window), what vaults are available to you?

• eskrima2
    eskrima2
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I appreciate your help. No worries about getting back to me. I understand a lot of people are having problems.
    Yes, the vault is empty. The vaults available are: edit personal vault, exclude from all vaults, and manage access to personal vault.
    I took a chance and imported the log-ins from 1PW6 into 1PW7. Don’t know know if this is correct or not. Can’t get into log-ins.
    Goal is to have only 1PW7 and be able to delete all of 1PW6.
    Also my free trial is just about to run out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eskrima2 - OK, thanks for the reply. Because time is of the essence here, and also to get a closer look at specifically what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#IJI-76671-993]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @eskrima2 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: IJI-76671-993

• eskrima2
    eskrima2
    Community Member

Sent diagnostic report. Thank you for your help!
    Have a good day.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@eskrima2 - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.