Login info does not complete

macbates
macbates
Community Member

With 1Password 7.07 (70007000) and 1Password Safari plugin 4.7.1, I can click on the "fill" portion of the 1Password window, but although the login name and password are entered correctly, I have to manually click the "Login" button on the web site. With 1Password 6 I didn't have to do this - clicking "fill" not only filled out the fields but also logged me all the way on on whatever password protected web site I happened to be on. Any way to make this work automatically in 1Pass 7 like 1Pass 6 did?

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Local storage

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @macbates, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Navigate to Preferences > Browsers and make sure that "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" and "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" are both checked:

This should ensure that the login forms auto-submit after filling.

• macbates
    macbates
    Community Member

Bingo! That works perfectly - thanks a bunch!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

No problem @macbates, we are happy to help! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• macsuperuser
    macsuperuser
    Community Member

In the actual version 7.2 this "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" does not appear anymore :-(
    The problem is back - the logins aren't executed automatically. What now ??

• WilDieteren
    WilDieteren
    Community Member

Same complaint as macsuperuser: logins are no longer executed automatically in version 7.2.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WilDieteren - actually just answered @macsuperuser regarding this very question in another thread. Here’s a fuller explanation of why auto-submit was removed and likely will not be returning.

This discussion has been closed.