Two factor auth being flagged as not existing in 1Password7

snowdesign
snowdesign
Community Member

Hi, I have a Github account with two factor auth enabled though Google Authenticator.
OnePassword7 is insisting I don't have it.

Yes, I know about the '2FA' tag. The issue is that alert is a complete black box to me - how does 1Password know if I have it or not? If I turn off that display now, then will I always have to leave it off? Is this a temporary or intermittent/permanent bug? Thanks for any info to understand how much of this is something within your control.

I guess it's a little weird, because this is the first time the software has seemed untrustworthy. It makes me think...what other alerts are also not working correctly?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 4.71
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Hi snowdesign,

1Password is looking for a time-based one-time password field anywhere in the item to determine if 2FA is enabled. If you have SMS-based 2FA, it won't detect that.

• trentcioran
    trentcioran
    Community Member

Hi @chadseid, I am trying to enable 2FA for github and github asks to input the QR code in my app to proceed and enable but 1Password app does not show the option because 2FA it is not enabled in my account...

• trentcioran
    trentcioran
    Community Member

Thank you Ben! I see what part I misread, it was my bad!

• You’re very welcome. :)

Ben

• randy_medd
    randy_medd
    Community Member

chadseld wrote "1Password is looking for a time-based one-time password field anywhere in the item to determine if 2FA is enabled. If you have SMS-based 2FA, it won't detect that."
    Fine, how do I make 1PW dismiss the warning then? Being constantly reminded of a non-issue is pointless.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B
    Community Member

OK, I must be missing something really simple here about "Add a "2FA" tag to an item" as I've tried several things but nothing seems to work. Can someone lay this out in very simply steps for an old guy?

Thanks,
    Joe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Joe_B: Sure! :)

• Joe_B
    Joe_B
    Community Member

Thank you. It is always the blindingly obvious that presents a challenge. :-)

Regards,
    Joe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you. It is always the blindingly obvious that presents a challenge. :-)

You're welcome! Story of my life! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.