Lack of autofill if website is located under "SECTION"

michaelmcdonald
michaelmcdonald
Community Member

I came across an interesting scenario today where 1Password, for a "Login" item, would not recognize the URL and autofill using the keyboard shortcut if the URL was located under a "SECTION" (with the item set to URL). However the same URL located directly under the username / password fields will not kick off an autofill but instead bring up the mini window and provide a suggestion.

This is annoying as I would like to list multiple URLs under different sections (for organization purposes) but if they're not recognized for autofill it's an additional step. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:

I have multiple load balancers (with a GUI interface) that I access frequently. They use the same set of credentials; just have different URLs for accessing the different interfaces / individual servers (they're clustered behind a VIP). I want to create a section within the Login item that provides a title (like "Site A") and then the URLs listed with the "label" for the website being something like "LB 1" / "LB 2".

This is annoying as I would like to list multiple URLs under different sections (for organization purposes) but if they're not recognized for autofill it's an additional step. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @michaelmcdonald

I don't believe you're missing anything and unfortunately I don't have any suggestions / workarounds at this point. I can understand the desire to have this, but currently 1Password doesn't evaluate the information in custom sections when determining if an item should be offered for filling. If there is a demand for this it may be something we can consider implementing in the future.

In the short term the best I can suggest is storing all of the URLs at the top of the item, as that is the only way 1Password will fill them.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.