App Store update to v.7.0.7 will not run.

kirk_lamb
kirk_lamb
Community Member

App Store seems to think 1Password is running but it is not. The App Store's "Continue" option does not quit whatever makes it think 1P is running. So I cannot run the update. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:App Store says 1P7 has to quit before update 7.0.4 can run, but 1P7 is NOT running, so no update

Comments

• @kirk_lamb,

This is a known issue, you'll want to open Activity Monitor and force quit 1Password in order for the update to proceed.

• kirk_lamb
    kirk_lamb
    Community Member

Thanks. In this case I found another way: hold down "control-option-command" while quitting 1P and the command changes to "Quit 1Password Completely". After which the App Store update ran smoothly.

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• TRodPass
    TRodPass
    Community Member

I guess I'm surprised this isn't in the information about the update in the app store. (Especially after bragging about having attended the Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference...) I've been trying several times over several days to download the update.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

@TRodPass

As my colleague Rudy mentioned here we have a good idea of what is happening here and hope to have it fixed up soon. Thanks!

Ben

• TRodPass
    TRodPass
    Community Member

Thank you. I understand and had already done that. My suggestion is to post it to the "More" section of your app in the Apple App store so that the information is readily available to all loyal 1Password users rather than only having it in the Support Forum, forcing users to search for the issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TRodPass - thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.