Sierra 10.12.6, MacBookPro mid 2014, ----- IOS 11.4. New iPad 10 Inch, ----- 1Password 7.0.6

howielynn
howielynn
Community Member

My list of login accounts is different between the Mac, iPhone and iPad. How do I sync the three login listings so they share the same data?

Again:
Sierra 10.12.6, MacBookPro mid 2014, -----
IOS 11.4. New iPad 10 Inch, -------
IOS 11.4 iPhone 8 Plus, -----
1Password 7.0.6

Thanks,
Howard W. Kay

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

A previous, now closed discussion, said I should open 1Password and choose "preferences" to change my sync location. On my version of 1Password I do not have a "previous option" to choose?

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

1Password.app is located in the main Application folder on my MacBook Pro.

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

In addition:
    Apple doesn't seem to like you. Not a good idea to have such a powerful and wealthy adversary.
    In order to log into "discussions" I have to use Google Chrome. Safari cannot log me into discussions using the same password and username or email address that I can use in Chrome. Discussions also cannot authenticate a change of password using Safari. So now what should I do?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn - Apologies for the delay in our response here; we've been pretty swamped with support requests in the wake of the release of 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows. When you say "list of login accounts," you mean the item count of the Logins category is different in 1Password between your MacBook Pro and iPad? If so, that sounds as if you may not be using the same sync method/keychain on both devices. Is that what you meant?

Regarding signing into this forum, I'm not sure what the trouble is; I'm able to use Safari to sign into my own account here on this forum. What happens when you visit https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin?Target= and try using 1Password to sign in?

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

In addition:
    Apple doesn't seem to like you. Not a good idea to have such a powerful and wealthy adversary.
    In order to log into "discussions" I have to use Google Chrome. Safari cannot log me into discussions using the same password and username or email address that I can use in Chrome. Discussions cannot

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn: Huh? :lol: We get along with Apple just fine, and I actually use Safari here on this forum every day. Can you tell me specifically what you're doing, and where you're running into trouble? :)

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

There seems to be a problem with Sync and Login attempts with AgileBits/1Password using IOS11. It is reported repeatedly on the internet. This could be inaccurate and an attempt to discredit an excellent application. Or it could be a real problem that is occurring on some Apple installations of 1 Password downloaded and installed from the Apple IOS 11 App Store. If a real problem it might be caused by the two different versions of 1Password between the Apple App Store for Sierra 10.12.6 and the Apple App Store for IOS 11.4.1. Unfortunately, my version apparently is linked to an installation on a XP system. I no longer use a Windows OS. The problem reported on the internet and the problem I am having is the occurrence of two different password login lists between Sierra and IOS 11. I can't find a way to sync them together so I have one list of Login Passwords saved instead of two. I'm going try and research this on your site using your installation instructions. Something isn't working and I just tried to login to this discussions forum with Safari and it failed but I could login with Chrome? This I'll have to try and debug. Everything else with all my 1Password logins on both my Mac and iPad, and Iphone are working as expected.
    MacRummors has just reported that Apple is going to give the 1Password app to all of its employees worldwide. And eventually to its customers. If we can't sort out this problem now we will be able to do so with Apple's help in the near future.

Thanks again for your interest,
    Howie

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn - depending on the specific steps you're taking, it may be this issue with respect to Safari. If you open this forum's sign-in page (make sure you're not already signed in), and visit the login page, then use the browser extension, does that work for you?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn: Also, while it isn't clear that sync is involved, certainly if your data isn't the same between your devices you'll need to make sure both are configured to sync with the same vault. If you'll let me know which sync method you're using I can tell you what to check.

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

Lars: Is a second login attempt at "discussions" rejected due to an active session already logged in to "discussions"?

Brenty:

IOS 11 1password app is installed from the IOS Apple App store. I do not have access to IOS system software setup. It is not visible or available for the IOS user. The only access to 1Password is by using the installed icon app "1password".

Sierra 10.12.6 on my MacBookPro has two software systems installed.
    1Password.app is installed in the Finder top level main application folder.
    1Password.agilekeychain is installed in the same Finder top level main application folder in a subdirectory Dropbox application folder.
    This is a sub directory Dropbox/1password/1password.agilekeychain.
    This might be causing the sync problem.
    What is the correct location for 1Password.agilekaychain?

If this is not the problem MacRumors also reported that in Apple's new release of 1Password to the company employees, Apple ICould was to be the sync location?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn - yes: if you already have logged into this forum, you can't log in again. :)

I'm not at all sure what you mean by "I do not have access to iOS system software setup." The only way to use 1Password on your iOS devices (other than through a browser like Safari or Chrome, with a 1password.com account) is through the use of our 1Password for iOS app. So that's correct.

On your Mac, 1Password is in the correct location if it's in your Applications folder.

The Agile Keychain is a sync keychain for use with Dropbox -- which appears to be where you've got it as well. But 1Password 7 for Mac no longer uses the Agile Keychain format, so to get a better idea of what sync method you're using on both devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#DXX-55712-489]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @howielynn only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DXX-55712-489

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    I created the diagnostic reports as requested. You sent excellent instructions. Especially for the iPad. Great Job. Not easy to write clear understandable instructions involving trouble shooting tips if something doesn't work as expected. Super!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Lars, thanks for the kind words! I see that we've received your diagnostics, so we'll take a look at those and get back to you via email with next steps. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.