I can't get 1Password 7 to work on my Mac. It keeps freezing. I have tried re-installing.

jstigler
jstigler
Community Member

I run the program and it just freezes... I have to force quit it. I re-downloaded and re-installed, but still not working.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:mac app not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jstigler: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me the version you're using, and what steps you're taking leading up to the app freezing? That may help narrow down what's causing this in your case. Thanks in advance!

• rmlblake
    rmlblake
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I am having this same exact problem on my MAC. It keeps hanging. After about 2 mins it comes back to life. I have also tried reinstalling with no success. I am running the latest version of Mac OS high sierra and I assume the latest version of 1password 7 as I just downloaded and reinstalled 2 days ago.

It hangs when I go to use the safari extension to fill a password. I get the spinning beach ball. I then go to the tray and I try to open the app. It won't open because it's frozen. If I let it sit for ~2 mins it comes to life.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rmlblake: Yeah thats definitely not normal. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your case. Assumptions just won't do. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, Are you seeing the same thing after a reboot? Is it the same in other browsers? How about when you open 1Password mini without any browsers open, from the menu bar icon? Thanks in advance!

• rmlblake
    rmlblake
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

MacOS 10.13.5
    1PW 7.0.7

All of 1pw freezes mini and desktop. Happens when I go to autofill passwords in safari. I can't open the desktop version or mini when it's in the non-responsive state. Happens after reboot and after reinstalling.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rmlblake: Thanks for clarifying. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then immediately generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#QKF-44626-949]

If you’re reading this and you are not rmlblake, this Support ID is for rmlblake only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: QKF-44626-949

This discussion has been closed.