Items disappearing after update to MAS 7.0.7

steven1
steven1
Community Member

I have had some items temporarily 'disappear' from the items list in my iCloud synced vault. I could not search for them, nor scroll to them in All Items view. The number of items also did not match (were fewer) than shown on my iPhone.
After a bit of a panic, and continued scrolling/searching for them, the number of items matched what was on my iPhone and the missing items returned.

Was there a database upgrade as part of 7.0.7 that just took a really long time to run? These were not new items at all, so not a sync issue. In fact, the missing item was the ssh key password for my most frequently used key...so something that has been in my vault for ages.

Anyone else have anything similar happen?

Thanks,
Steve

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@steven1 - I've not seen/heard anything else like this in 1Password 7 for Mac/iCloud, so I'm not sure what might have caused it. There were some "under the hood" changes in 7.0.7, but nothing that should've made some but not all of your passwords be temporarily inaccessible. However, given that the items became viewable/usable again and the problem hasn't returned (correct me if I'm wrong about that), it's likely to be difficult-to-impossible to figure out what may have gone wrong a week ago. Definitely keep an eye on things and let us know if the problem returns or you notice any other unusual behavior, however -- and it wouldn't hurt to make sure you have up-to-date backups as well, if you're using standalone 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.