Secret Key not recognized

adeliepjz
adeliepjz
Community Member

Hi,

I have the one password app on my iPhone and it works great. Recently, I've downloaded the app on my mac as well as a browser extension on Firefox. Unfortunately, when trying to log in to the website, app or extension, the Secret Key that I have saved in my documents, or the one that is given to me through the phone app (they're the same) aren't recognized. The prompt tells me that my key should start with a certain combination of letters and numbers, but it doesn't match the key I have.

What's the solution to this ? How do I get the right key to acces the app and extension on my computer ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
Best,

Adélie

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Adélie - Please make sure you don't post any identifying or personal details here on this public forum, first of all. If you've been using 1Password on your iPhone previously, open that and look at Settings > 1Password Accounts. What do you see there? If you don't see anything, then you aren't using a 1Password account on that device. This means any data you have in 1Password on that device is standalone-only. If you DO see an account, you can tap on it, then tap "View Setup Code" and and use that to help set up 1Password on your Mac. Can you tell me if you're signed into a 1password.com account in 1Password for iOS? Thanks.

• adeliepjz
    adeliepjz
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thanks for your reply. I do see a one password account. I tried using the setup code but it gives the same result. Once I've typed in my password, the app on my computer tells me I don't have the right key.

• Hi @adeliepjz

In order to troubleshoot this further we’ll need to look up your account. To do that we need to verify your email address, and move this conversation to email. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account, and then post the support ID that you get back here. Thanks!

Ben

• adeliepjz
    adeliepjz
    Community Member

Hi and thanks ! The support ID is : #QHG-79269-948

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@adeliepjz - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly. :)

ref: QHG-79269-948

• BethHeffner
    BethHeffner
    Community Member

I have the same issue

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BethHeffner - I'm sorry to hear it, Beth! Can you give us a little more information about what, specifically, is going on in your case? Thanks. What's not working the way you expect, and what steps have you taken?

This discussion has been closed.