Sync in 7.0.7 not working correctly - help!

bruceldavies
bruceldavies
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hi guys, long term user, that has recently bitten the bullet and subscribed to 1Password7. I've also consolidated a lot of data sets from other password keepers, each set with its own dedicated vault.

At some point in 1Password7, everything has worked correctly and my data set was synced successfully across Mac, PC and two iOS devices.

Now however, when I add anything to iOS, it is sync'ed with the other iOS device, but not to Mac or PC installations.

In iOS, I have a sync preference setting (set to iCloud); I can't see similar on Mac or PC. How do I determine where my data is being stored? (concerned about the security of my data). This was never an issue with previous versions of 1Password.

Comments

• bruceldavies
    bruceldavies
    Community Member

Anyone have any thoughts? I've sent support diags 2 days ago also, and no response from anyone. Nice introduction to being a subscriber...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@bruceldavies: I'm sorry to hear that. I think a lot of folks were off for the holiday. To be clear, you cannot sync with iCloud on Windows. And on macOS and iOS, you'd need to be using the same Apple ID for iCloud for those to sync. I don't see anything in the inbox from this address, but if you'll share the Support ID you were given we can track it down and take a look.

ref: PER-88826-699

• bruceldavies
    bruceldavies
    Community Member

Hi there - not from this address unfortunately - 1Password only attaches to Mac Mail (while I use Outlook), and that defaulted to my @mac.com address. The support ticket number is: #PER-88826-699.

Your assistance is much appreciated. (Understand - to a degree - about PC - but my iOS and Mac use the same Apple ID for iCloud account (and it worked as some point as all previous changes synced correctly).

• bruceldavies
    bruceldavies
    Community Member

Ok, so now something has changed with my iOS account; I have a new 4th Vault - 'Primary', where before I had only 3. Primary is set to sync with iCloud, the original three are listed beneath my account user name, with no option as to how to have them sync. Primary appears to be a duplicate of one of my other vaults, only my recently created entries appear only in Primary. I had wanted everything to Sync via iCloud, and that was how it did work originally (otherwise Mac and iOs wouldn't have been in sync until recently). What is going on??!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi there - not from this address unfortunately - 1Password only attaches to Mac Mail (while I use Outlook), and that defaulted to my @mac.com address. The support ticket number is: #PER-88826-699.

@bruceldavies: No worries! Thanks for letting me know. Just wanted to make sure I could track it down. :)

Your assistance is much appreciated. (Understand - to a degree - about PC - but my iOS and Mac use the same Apple ID for iCloud account (and it worked as some point as all previous changes synced correctly).

Gotcha.

Ok, so now something has changed with my iOS account; I have a new 4th Vault - 'Primary', where before I had only 3. Primary is set to sync with iCloud, the original three are listed beneath my account user name, with no option as to how to have them sync. Primary appears to be a duplicate of one of my other vaults, only my recently created entries appear only in Primary. I had wanted everything to Sync via iCloud, and that was how it did work originally (otherwise Mac and iOs wouldn't have been in sync until recently). What is going on??!

It sounds like the source of the confusion is that you've set things up differently on each device. 1Password won't create new vaults spontaneously. You'd have done that yourself. And your description seems to indicate that you've got a 1Password.com account in the mix as well, which will be completely separate from any local vaults and iCloud.

Anyway, rather than speculating further, since I've found your email, I'll reply there shortly to get some details from you so we can help you get sorted. Let's continue the conversation there. :)

This discussion has been closed.