1password has lost all entries. Help.

chirayu
chirayu
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

When I opened 1Password today, I'm greeted with a blank interface—one displaying "Welcome to 1Password! Click the + button to add you first item.". Now I've been using 1Password since version 3 so I'm no new user here. This is on my personal MBP so I likely didn't use it much on Monday and Tuesday (workdays.) Over Saturday/Sunday, I believe I finally clicked the upgrade button and performed the 1Password upgrade (I believe it was a minor version update.)

Other relevant things: I purposefully do not use cloud sync such as dropbox, etc. If ever there was an option to specify a custom location for the keychain, I would have set one (a long time ago.) If ever there was an option to chose a custom backup location, I would have set that one as well (to a custom folder where I backup SSH keys, some other keychains, etc.) I can't seem to locate any backups—there were some I could find from 2012, but not otherwise. 1Password's memory loss appears complete—if I ask it find backups or open the backups folder—it simply opens Finder to whatever Finder was already showing—it does not make Finder go to any specific folder. It does not list any backups.

What happened? How do I restore this?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:1password has lost all entries

ref: HAJ-45991-922

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chirayu! I'm sorry for the trouble. I see you've asked this same question of our email support staff as well, and my colleague Laura has been assisting you. Let's keep the conversation going via email, since you're already under way there. When we have to coordinate multiple replies to the same question among multiple co-workers over multiple points of contact, it tends to cause confusion and slow the support times for everyone, including you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.