1password safari issues

apricotandpearjam
apricotandpearjam
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hi all.
The agile bits team who make 1password have no idea why this is happening to me.
Wondering if anyone here might be able to shed some light...

Every time i open safari after a re-start or a long period of time not using it i have to re-connect the 1password extension. I've uninstalled, re-installed so many times in so many different combinations and am running 10.13.4 so im relatively up to date.

I did have a call with apple about 6 months ago and they changes some permissions, but i cant remember exactly what they did.

Im wondering if someone might be able to help work out why this and other small issues are happening on my system?

Screen recording of it happening here.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @apricotandpearjam

Looking at that recording, it looks to me like 1Password, or at least the 1Password Extension Helper, is not running. Open up 1Password and, in the menu bar, click 1Password>Preferences>Browsers. Check to see if Always keep 1Password Browser Helper running is checked.

• apricotandpearjam
    apricotandpearjam
    Community Member

hey corey.
    yep its checked so its not that.
    any other ideas?

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @apricotandpearjam, I am sorry to hear that Corey's solution did not help. In order to ensure that the 1Password helper is not the issue here, do you think you can open Activity Monitor.app and type in "1Password" while on the "CPU" page?

You should see both of these processes listed:

If both are listed, then there must be another problem. I’d like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93106/1password-safari-issues#latest
    • Your forum username: apricotandpearjam

That way we can “connect the dots” when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

Once we see the diagnostics, we’ll be able to better assist you. Thank you very much!

ref: LJU-32646-697

This discussion has been closed.