I don't have a secret key but I am logged in to 1Password on all of my devices. What do I do?

KSexton
KSexton
Community Member

I am trying to add the chrome extension and it says it needs my secret key. I have no record of a secret key. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I don't have a secret key but I am logged in to 1Password on all of my devices. What do I do?

Comments

• KSexton
    KSexton
    Community Member

If we are syncing with iCloud what do we do, how do we get the secret key for the chrome extension?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@KSexton Ah, you're using the wrong Chrome Extension. Type chrome://extensions/ into your address bar. You see 1Password X listed there, am I right? Remove that from Chrome and instead go to https://1password.com/browsers/ to install the regular Chrome Browser Extension. That should work normally with your iCloud vault.

• KSexton
    KSexton
    Community Member

That link still says desktop app required. :-(

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@KSexton Yes, the desktop app is required. Do you not have the desktop app installed and set up on your device?

• KSexton
    KSexton
    Community Member

I do have it installed and set up. But neither the desktop nor my mobile devices have any such secret key.
    It isn't acknowledging the desktop app.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

What devices do you have and when did you get 1PW?

The old stand-alone licence (which still exists) does not have a secret key. That exists only if you are on the new subscription model.

And the 1PW X Chrome extension only works with the subscription, I think.

You need the older Chrome extension if you have the stand-alone licence.

• @KSexton,

It sounds like you still have the wrong extension installed in Chrome if its asking for a Secret Key. You will need to remove that extension and install the one from https://1password.com/browsers/ in order for it to work correctly with what you have.

This discussion has been closed.