After iMac startup: 1password mini not working

jamesvid
jamesvid
Community Member

After initial startup of my iMac In the previous version (6), I would click on the "mini" icon at the top of my screen and it would give me a way to login to the program and then later, if I needed it, to login to the full 1Password program. Now (v7.07) clicking on the mini icon does nothing and I have to open my Applications folder and click on 1Password to start. Am I missing something? thanks, Jim

1Password Version: (v7.07)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini not working

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jamesvid! I'm sorry for the trouble; that definitely doesn't sound right. There are a number of significant changes "under the hood" in 1Password 7 for Mac, but you should still be able to click the mini icon in your Mac's menubar and get the familiar pop-up (locked, obviously, the first time you do it). If that's not happening, it makes me wonder whether you might have both versions installed now? Do you have more than one version of 1Password for Mac installed anywhere on your Mac, or only 1Password 7 for Mac now?

• jamesvid
    jamesvid
    Community Member

I’ll check when I return home but I might not have deleted version 6 from my iMac. Thanks for your response. Jim

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jamesvid - let us know what you discover! :)

• jamesvid
    jamesvid
    Community Member

I’ll check when I return home but I might not have deleted version 6 from my iMac. Thanks for your response. Jim

• jamesvid
    jamesvid
    Community Member

Hi Lars
    I checked this morning and there is only 1Password 7 on my iMac. Clicking on the Mini app icon in the top bar of the finder screen still does not open anything. Still have to go into my application folder to launch. thanks, Jim

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jamesvid - OK, thanks -- at this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#WTP-11472-357]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jamesvid only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WTP-11472-357

This discussion has been closed.