Mini window keyboard shortcut causes primary 1P window to appear

CMagnuson
CMagnuson
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

I have a problem which began occurring after I upgraded to 1Password v7:

Screencast of issue: view here

My keyboard shortcut to bring up the 1Password mini window is ⇧⌘\. When I struck this keyboard combination while using 1P v6 and Google Chrome, the 1P mini window would appear over Chrome. Once I made a selection in the mini window or clicked outside of the mini window, the mini window would disappear leaving Chrome as the sole window displayed.

The behavior of 1P is different now that I am using v7. When I strike the mini window keyboard shortcut, instead of only bringing the mini window up both the primary 1P window as well as the mini window appear. Once I’ve made a selection in the mini window or clicked outside of the mini window, the mini window disappears while the primary window remains, which hides the Chrome window I was viewing. Making the situation worse is the fact that window focus remains on the Google Chrome window, meaning that invoking the application switcher with a single key press moves me to another application which is not Google Chrome or 1Password.

To me, this situation seems like a bug. At the very least, this situation is wildly inconvenient to wrestle with every time I use 1Password with Chrome.

Can someone tell me if this behavior is expected as well as what I might be able to do to correct this behavior so that the primary 1Password window behaves like it did in version 6 again?

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@CMagnuson: This isn't a bug, but I'm sorry for the confusion. 1Password is now a single app, so when you have one 1Password window open (the main one) in the background and switch to another 1Password (mini) window, macOS, as expected, brings the other to the front as well. If you close the main 1Password window, that won't happen. And you can always open it again quickly since it's still running in the background, just windowless. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: apple-1157

This discussion has been closed.