why did i lose my account

jake2014
jake2014
Community Member

my account is Shuler-Family-Ballenger.1password It has been replaced by one called bob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why did i lose my account

Comments

• jake2014
    jake2014
    Community Member

I want my old account back

• jake2014
    jake2014
    Community Member

how do I get it back

• Hi @jake2014,

We're not able to discuss the details of any specific accounts here in this public forum. Please reach out to us regarding this issue at support@1password.com with the details and we'll be happy to help. When you email in please post the support ID that you get back here so that we can expedite your request.

Thanks.

Ben

• jake2014
    jake2014
    Community Member

how do i get it restoed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• jake2014
    jake2014
    Community Member

how do i get it restored

• Hi @jake2014

The short answer is that you don't... The Secret Key is one of the components that is used to encrypt your data, which means that you need to enter the correct one to decrypt your data. That said if you could share a little more detail here it may help us help you. You haven't given us any details about this issue at this point... for example:

1. What version of 1Password are you using?
    2. What is the problem you're running into? Is there an error message? If so, what exactly is the error message?
    3. When did the problem start? Were there other things that happened around that timeframe? Did you make any changes to your account?
    4. Are you able to access your 1Password data on some devices but not others?

Please let us know. We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot this, but without any details it is difficult (impossible) to say what might be happening. :)

Ben

• jake2014
    jake2014
    Community Member

it stated about 5 days ago when google had a upgrade

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jake2014: 1Password isn't associated or connected with Google, so I wonder if we're on the same page here at all. Do you have a 1Password Account? You only would if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.