v 7.0.7 (Mac) not working with Firefox 61.0.1

seahunt
seahunt
Community Member

Firefox 61.0.1 says no 1Password extension updates are needed. Clicking the 1PW extension button in Firefox causes the main 1PW window to flash briefly then it disappears. When I try to use 1PW Mini, it says the browser extension isn't installed.

I reinstalled the browser extension and restarted Firefox for good measure. Still doesn't work. I guess I'll back up to FF 61.0 and 1PW 7.0.5 which mostly worked.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• seahunt
    seahunt
    Community Member

I deleted FF 61.0.1 and reinstalled 60.0 After a computer restart everything seems to be working again (fingers crossed).

• @seahunt,

I'm not seeing the same here with 61.0.1. Did you happen to launch it from the disk image or your downloads folder instead of dragging it to /Applications?

• seahunt
    seahunt
    Community Member

@rudy, I definitely launched from /Applications not the disk image. I had just restarted my computer when I made the mistake of installing both the 1PW update and the FF 61.0.1 update. A second restart (as noted above) got things working again after backing out the FF update.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

@rudy I was about to chime in and report the same issue with FF 61.0.1. Just coincidentally, I restarted 1PW mini in the Mac's Menu Bar, and 1PW 7.0.7 and FF 61.0.1 seem to be working again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@seahunt - yeah, multiple simultaneous (or consecutive) installs can do that sometimes. That's one of the reasons "have you turned it off and back on" has become a tech-support cliché. Glad you got it sorted! You too, @VirgilBoy. :)

• seahunt
    seahunt
    Community Member

I eventually got the two updates (1PW 7.0.7 and FF 61.0.1) working together with the extension for FF. I'm not sure exactly what worked, but once I had 1PW 7.0.7 working with FF 61.0, I know I reinstalled FF 61.0.1 but don't remember if I needed another reboot. I know that I didn't do a second reinstall of the browser extension. I am still having problems with the main window in 1PW 7 freezing on a regular basis and I'm still cycling it several times a day, but that's a story for another post.

• Thanks for the update on this issue @seahunt. :) We’ll be happy to help with the other difficulty as well if you want to start a new thread.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.