1P 7 - Where is animation when filling web page option

Raunien
Raunien
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hello,

I just recently upgraded to 1P 7 and I noticed that under Browser settings, there is no longer an option for web page filling animation. Has this option been removed or is this a bug?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

ref: NKU-53916-816

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Raunien, the animation is now enabled by default in 1Password 7 and the option has been removed from settings.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns :smile:.

• adam2104
    adam2104
    Community Member

Ugh, really? Can we bring this back? It's always one of the first things I disabled.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@adam2104 - I can certainly mention your wishes to the development team, but I wouldn't hold my breath unless we receive pretty overwhelming feedback of a similar nature (which, to date, we have not).

• adam2104
    adam2104
    Community Member

Apparently the setting is still honored because I have older computers where I've turned off animations back in 1P6 and they're still off in 1P7. New machines that started with 1P7 have animations on. Is there some plist file I can edit to disable this in 1P7 even if the option is gone from the GUI.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@adam2104 - it's not a user-selectable option any longer. I'm not quite sure why older versions wouldn't display the new behavior, but if anything that's a happy bug (for you), not a feature.

• michaelyork
    michaelyork
    Community Member

I would love this feature back as well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@michaelyork - thanks for adding your voice. :) :+1:

• jkoole
    jkoole
    Community Member

Add another vote to get the old toggle back please. Is there a technical reason that this was removed? I still remember back to v3.9 when this feature was introduced. The very first thing I did was disable it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jkoole - thanks for weighing in! :)

This discussion has been closed.