Rearranging entry details

stefanbauer
stefanbauer
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Like the new, fresh design. But there is one thing, that is really annoying and I hope, that this will be changed soon.

Earlier, each entry had some kind of label/value pairs. The label on the left side, the value on the right side. With that change to make that underneath, it is so unreadable if you edit an entry. There is no difference, between the label and the key, only a little smaller font. That's horrible. Here are my ideas:

a) Back to the left/right presentation. This was imho the most readable thing.
b) If you leave it as it is:

• Uppercase Label
  • Boldify Label
  • Give a smart readable grey color

Here is an example I created quickly in Sketch

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: IYE-95552-158

Comments

• Hi @stefanbauer

I see Jin also replied to the email that you sent, but I wanted to elaborate a bit here. One of the reasons for the top to bottom instead of left to right layout is that label lengths are much less limited now. This enables things like using security questions as the label and the answers to those questions as the fields, which is a very common use case for custom fields on Login items. We did actually have the labels in all uppercase in the initial design but changed direction on that after significant feedback from customers.

After a little getting used to I don't find it difficult to differentiate, but I do see (and did experience) a bit of a learning curve. Bolding the label may be one possible option. I'll be happy to pass the feedabck along to our design team.

Ben

• stefanbauer
    stefanbauer
    Community Member

Hey @Ben!

Thanks for your reply. Was wondering, why I didn't get a reply on my mail. So just wanted to let you know, that I did not get a reply (although you told me that here). Strange thing.

BTW: Thanks for clearing the things out with the labels.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

You may want to check your junk mail and see if emails from us are being filtered. :)

To: [removed]
    Subject: Re: [#IYE-95552-158] New Version 7 Feedback
    Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 17:56 (1 month ago)

Ben

• stefanbauer
    stefanbauer
    Community Member

Ah that one. Yeah I "archived" that as an automated reply, as there was just "Thanks, Have a nice day, k, bye" :)

• :+1: :)

Ben

• jcwacky
    jcwacky
    Community Member

There is no difference, between the label and the key, only a little smaller font. That's horrible.

I agree, I utterly despise the new layout, it's so much harder to quickly find the details you're after. I've tried getting used to it, but it's not a case of that, there just isn't enough differentiation between the label and the data, especially on custom fields. I like Stefan's mockup but would much prefer it was reverted to labels on the left.

I appreciate you were wanting to make longer field labels more legible, but as these are relatively rare, why make all fields less legible just to suit these less frequent use cases?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jcwacky - thanks for weighing in. We've already iterated this some, and we may continue to do more. I'll certainly pass along your feedback to the designers.

This discussion has been closed.