1Password not updating to version 7

jsack
jsack
Community Member

I have 1Password on an iMac, a Windows machine, and a MaBook Air that I use only occasionally. The iMac and the Windows machine have both updated to 1Password 7, but the Air is still on version 6. When I look at "About 1Password" it says I purchased from the app store (which I suppose is correct - I have a 1Password.com account now), but when I go to the app store and check for updates, 1Password does not appear. If I search for and find 1Password in the app store, the button says "Get", like I will be purchasing it, rather than "Update".

How can I update on this machine? As I said, I have a 1Password.com account now. Is there a place where I can just download and install it? And am I correct that it should have auto-updated?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @jsack,

Nope, it shouldn't have auto-updated. 1Password 7 is a new sku in the App Store, we did this so that we wouldn't break any of the standalone purchasers of 1Password 6 when we released 1Password 7 in the Mac App Store as a subscription-only app. You'll want to click the Get button and then drag the 1Password 6 application to the trash so that it doesn't continue to run.

• jsack
    jsack
    Community Member

Thank you. I got it installed and it's working fine now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jsack - great! I'm glad rudy was able to help get you up and running. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.