Three issues with 1Password 7 on my MacBook Pro:

Doofus
Doofus
Community Member
  • Older versions used to submit as well as fill the credentials, Now, I must hit the "return" key to submit. (a minor annoyance).
  • The drop down window that appears when clicking on the 1P7 menu bar icon is not draggable. This means that it often hides information I need. Also, the "anchor" icon has disappeared, so if I bring the desired information to the front, the 1P7 window disappears.
  • I cannot select and copy information from the drop down window without going into "edit" mode.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:drag

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Doofus, we are sorry to hear you are having problems with 1Password 7, but rest assured we are here to help!

1. This is easily fixed :smile:. Navigate to Preferences > Browsers and make sure that "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" and "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" are both checked:

1. 1Password Mini is in fact draggable and the anchor icon has been changed. I have made a video demonstrating dragging and anchoring in 1Password 7 here.

2. Do you think you can create a video showcasing this behavior you are experiencing (without sensitive information)? I am unable to replicate it on my end :smile:.

• Doofus
    Doofus
    Community Member

Thanks for the help. I have modified the 1P7 preferences. Two comments:

• While the 1P7 Mini is draggable, the "hot zone" is tiny (two narrow strips at the top and bottom of the header) because the search field is not highlighted, and extends across the entire window. After I anchor the window (which I figured out from your video, thanks), the hot zone is much larger. However, I often want to move the window without anchoring it. That's doable, but difficult for those of us with chicken-sized memories.
    • Your video has no sound in any of my three browsers, or my stand-alone player. Is that correct?

Jon

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @Doofus, I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the dragging zones to the developers :smile:.

Yes, that is correct, the attached video had no sound :+1:.

ref: apple-1063

• Doofus
    Doofus
    Community Member

Thanks.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

However, I often want to move the window without anchoring it. That's doable, but difficult for those of us with chicken-sized memories.

Following up here to mention that it's easier to drag/move the 1Password mini window when 1Password is locked, hopefully regardless of any 🐔-sized or other memories. :lol:

Moving a separate item details window only applies to that window while it's open and won't reopen where it's been previously moved to (like the full mini window does),

This discussion has been closed.