Small bug, 1P7 for Mac

Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member

I found that if you rename a Tag to itself prepended by a space (I have a major Tag category of 'Inactive', which I wanted to appear at the top of my list so renamed it to ' Inactive'), it doesn't appear in the relevant dropdown when editing an item.

Small thing; easy to drag it there instead. Love 1P. Though this might be useful :-) Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.7 (70007001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mark Sealey, thank you for reporting this; I have passed your feedback onto the development team.

In the meantime, another workaround is navigating to the tag itself in the sidebar and clicking the "+" button whilst in the tag. That will automatically add the new tag, even if it has spaces :smile:.

ref: apple-1789

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks, JadC! Good luck with that fix :-)

Not sure which '+' button you're referring to; sorry…

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mark Sealey, apologies. I have made a screen recording to demonstrate my other workaround; you can find it here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks, Jad; now I see what you mean… thanks for the screen recording.

In my case, that won't work: when I upgraded to 1P7, I took the opportunity to go through all my hundreds of Items, one at a time (I split them up of course) and make sure all my tags were assigned correctly.

In the course of this little project, I came across several dozen that really should be classed as Inactive. So I created a tag (just as you did in your screen recording) and started to assign my Items to them when appropriate. But I discovered that that entailed too much scrolling if it was just 'Inactive'.

So I prepended the 'Inactive' with the space, ' Inactive' to get it to the top. IOW I already have the tag I need.

I could, though, rename ' Inactive' temporarily to 'aaaaaa', where dragging will work… no space.

Thanks so much. I love 1P!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that's a good find. Indeed, dragging to the tag should help in the mean time, but we'll get this fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Mark! :)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Glad it helps. Thanks, @brenty and good luck!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

I could, though, rename ' Inactive' temporarily to 'aaaaaa', where dragging will work… no space.

Prepending _ and other visible, non-alphanumeric characters to tag names is how I prefer to adjust their sort order in the sidebar. Even emojis can be used to do that. :lol:

Whitespace usage isn't necessarily as easy to visualize everywhere in the UI.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Okay, pizza? I'm in. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.