moving 1Password 7 to a new Mac

bitmender
bitmender
Community Member

I upgraded my Mac to 1Password 7 shortly after it was released. I run only a local vault with WLAN syncing to my iOS devices. This past week, I had to reinstall a clean system on my Mac, so I did a complete backup first. I long ago made notes on how to transfer 1Password to a new Mac (for all intents and purposes, a clean OS would count as a new Mac) -- but it turns out 1Password 7 stores stuff differently. So I need to update my notes to make sure I'm doing this right in the future.

Under previous versions, all I had to do was transfer this folder from the old system to the new one:
~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

It appears the new path starts here:
~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/

Inside that are two folders -- Library and License. The Library folder subdivides into other folders, some of which I know I'm supposed to transfer but maybe others not. I picked a couple of likely items and copied them over -- everything seems to be working fine. However, there probably is a best practice here. Maybe I should just use the Backup and Restore functions within 1Password instead of copying-and-pasting files from the backup?

Anyone have a recommendation so I can ensure I do this properly in the future?

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• I recommend you keep everything in ls ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/. Everything in that folder is used by 1Password in some way.

This discussion has been closed.