To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

old ipassword on iphoneX not updating to membership

Options
vegemiteforall
vegemiteforall
Community Member

I have used 1password on both my iphone and mac for years. bought membership recently and now have new version on my mac with a personal vault (and a primary that I don't use) but when I go to the app on my iphone, it does not show my personal vault when I click on all vaults. it only shows my primary which I do not want to use. how do I get my iphone to populate with what is on my mac personal vault automatically? The only way I can do it is to sign in each time with my secret key.

1Password Version: 7.06
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.4
Sync Type: membership
Referrer: forum-search:old ipassword on iphone not updating to membership

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @vegemiteforall

If you do not need the contents of the Primary vault on the iPhone then what I would suggest would be to uninstall and reinstall 1Password. When you do so you'll get a welcome screen that will allow you to sign in to your 1Password membership account. I'd also recommend deleting the Primary vault from the Mac once you've verified with absolute certainty that you know the Secret Key and Master Password for your account:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

(Scroll down to "Set up your other devices" if it doesn't automatically)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• vegemiteforall
    vegemiteforall
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response! I think the name "primary vault" threw me, as I assumed Primary meant the main vault. All set now.

• rob
    Options

Thanks for the update, @vegemiteforall. Let us know if we can help with anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.