Deleting custom fields leads to unreliable behavior

skatch
skatch
Community Member

When modifying existing logins, I've found that there's a bug where editing the name of a custom field, then deleting a different custom field, causes the edited field name to revert to what it previously was and the deleted field to reappear.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a login in 1Password and add a custom section to it. Add a text field and a password field to this section. Name the text field "question" and the password field "answer".
2. Save this login.
3. Edit the login.
4. Change the label of the password field to "What is your favorite color?"
5. Remove the "question" text field
6. Unexpected result: at this point, the password field label will revert to "answer".
7. Save the login.
7. At this point, the password field will have saved the correct label of "What is your favorite color?"
8. In addition to that, the "question" field you deleted will reappear.

This all makes edits to existing entries a little... confusing.

I made a screen capture of this issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cl5pok1vh08zhe/Custom field relabeling bug.mov?dl=0

For context, I came across this because I started taking advantage of the updated layout in 1Password 7 to improve how I store security questions. Instead of creating separate fields for questions & answers, I'm using the custom field label as the question. I've hit this bug a bunch when modifying older logins.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password.com subscription

Comments

• chadseld
    edited July 2018

Thanks skatch, I think I see the problem here. Thank you for the screen capture. Until we have a fix, a workaround is to tab out of the edited field so that the insertion point is elsewhere. That will cause the changes to register.

ref: apple-1683

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

👌

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.