Bug report: Two Preferences bugs

bkendig
bkendig
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Reporting two bugs in the 1Password 7 preferences:

• Under "Backup", it says "Up to 30 daily and 24 monthly files are kept." But my list has a lot more than 30+24 files in it. When I click Show Files, the Backups window it opens has 115 1Password backup zip files in it.
  • In Preferences, when I click the "General" tab, the window becomes a little bit narrower and the "Advanced" icon disappears (replaced by "»").

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Under "Backup", it says "Up to 30 daily and 24 monthly files are kept." But my list has a lot more than 30+24 files in it. When I click Show Files, the Backups window it opens has 115 1Password backup zip files in it.

@bkendig: 1Password is intentionally conservative when it comes to deleting backups, especially if they were created with a different version. It's something we may be able to improve in the future, but we do want to have 1Password keep at least 30 daily and 24 monthly backups. You can always delete some yourself if you don't want them, but it is impossible to make additional backups magically appear if it turns out you need them. Better safe than sorry.

In Preferences, when I click the "General" tab, the window becomes a little bit narrower and the "Advanced" icon disappears (replaced by "»").

The Preferences window resizes for each of the tabs, not just General, but we'll continue to tweak the UI (and text) to fit things better. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• bkendig
    bkendig
    Community Member

I understand the desire to keep lots of backups; that makes sense. But "up to" is the opposite of "at least". :smile: You might want to change the wording from "Up to 30 daily and 24 monthly files are kept" to "1Password will try to keep at least 30 daily and 24 monthly backups."

Oh, and I did see that the Preferences window resizes for each of the tabs - the specific thing I wanted to call out was that only for the General tab does it make the window too narrow to fit all the icons in the icon bar.

Thank you for your attention and please keep making 1Password awesome!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@bkendig - thanks for the feedback, and for your thorough observation and reporting. :)

ref: apple-569, OPM-5494

This discussion has been closed.