To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

reinstalling on my mac now i can not log in

Options
MSWw
MSWw
Community Member

Hi there,
I have used 1password for about 3 years. I originally purchased it as an app from Itunes - I think it was 70, and then the app for my iphone. A few days ago my mac book air was not working properly with the app the diagnostics said to delete adn reinstall the app. All ok. BUT I can not log into the app, I dont have a qr code, not key etc? I still have the app working on my iphone and share a vault with my wife that is still working , please help - very frustrating not having it on my MacbookAir.

cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:reinstalling on my mac now i can not log int

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The problem is that your reinstallation probably provided you with the current 1PW7, which only has the subscription mode when obtained from the App Store. The version direct from AgileBits allows for stand-alone licence, but that is a paid upgrade.

I suspect that what you need to do is go to the App Store, click on the Purchased tab, and reinstall the version of 1PW you find there. That should be 1PW6 and ought to work fine.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MSWw

Danco has got it here. If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store 3 years ago, it would not be the current version available, which is 1Password 7. You will want to move that version to the trash and click on the Purchased tab in the Mac App Store to download the previous version of 1Password you purchased.

Of course, you might want to be interested in upgrading to 1Password 7. Not only does it have a whole host of amazing new features but, as security software, it is recommended to remain on the most recent version of 1Password as possible so as to receive the most recent security updates.

This discussion has been closed.