unable to use 1P while attending a Zoom meeting!

njsurfrider
njsurfrider
Community Member

My computer is beyond slow when using both. If I am attending a Zoom meeting, 1P becomes generally unresponsive. For example, when entering the master password to login to sites the challenge box appears, but it takes 2-4 minutes (yes minutes) to enter a 10 character password.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:zoom meetings

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@njsurfrider: That's not particularly surprising given that you'll be using a lot of system resources in that case, and 1Password is fairly resource intensive itself when it performs crypto operations and animations, like when unlocking. Everybody's got to share! And we use that too from time to time, so I have a general idea of what you're seeing. Zoom is not the most efficient app. But what baffles me a bit is that it sounds like you mean that only 1Password is affected, and that hasn't been my experience. Is 1Password able to perform normally once you leave the meeting, or do you need to close Zoom completely? I'm not sure it's something we have control over in either case, but I'm interested to get a better sense of what's happening for you.

• njsurfrider
    njsurfrider
    Community Member

Strange, when playing with 1P 7, my problems go away. Hmmm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@njsurfrider: Can you clarify? Did you change anything?

• njsurfrider
    njsurfrider
    Community Member

Nope, same machine, same zoom version, same number of tabs and apps open. It just works perfectly with P7.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@njsurfrider: I have no explanation for that, but I'm delighted to hear it! :lol:

• njsurfrider
    njsurfrider
    Community Member

I bet you are! I would have to pay 60 bucks a year to use my computer and your software. Time to look at dashlane or lastpass.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@njsurfrider: I'm not sure I follow your reasoning, but certainly there are other options out there and it's good to evaluate what's available before making a decision. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.