1Password randomly opening site on start

SRF999
SRF999
Community Member

Hi,

From time to time when I open 1Password the moment that it recognises the fingerprint, an apparently random website (from one of the stored passwords) opens.

The site is totally unconnected to the site that I am intending to use the password for.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Scott

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SRF999: Thanks for getting in touch! Can you give me some more details? What are the exact steps you're taking? Would you be able to share the URL that opens? Is that one you have saved in 1Password?

• SRF999
    SRF999
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for responding.

Yes, the URL are ones stored in 1P - the last to open was https://account.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/

I open spotlight,CMD Space, type 1p, hit return, use fingerprint to open and sometimes a website opens once the fingerprint is recognised. Doesn't do it all the time so hard to pinpoint.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SRF999: Hmm. Thank you. That's a new one to me. When it happens, do you already have the browser open? If you don't use Spotlight to open 1Password and, say, use the menu bar or browser toolbar icon to open it instead, does the same thing happen when unlocking?

This discussion has been closed.