Can’t move passwords from Primary to Private

rsbae
rsbae
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Families

Hi! I just signed up for the trial of 1Password families, with the hopes that I can also manage my aging parents’ passwords. :) I am a 1Password 6 user, and so are my parents.

I created a new account with the family name and a different email address. In the past, I tried out the online subscription but found I didn’t need it then. However, because of that, when I went to manage my 1Password vaults, I was not given the option to move my passwords from my Primary vault to my Private vault. No worries, because it says I can move them manually, right?

Well, not really. I am doing this all on my iPad Pro. Maybe that is the problem? When I select all the items in my Primary vault, then select “Move”, the option for “Private Vault” is grayed out. I can only select “Shared”.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Rich

Comments

• rsbae
    rsbae
    Community Member

Ok, I figured out what was happening! I was in "All Items" when I had selected everything to move. What I didn't realize was that I was in "All Vaults". My new Private account came with 3 sample entries. So when I selected "all", it wouldn't allow me to move it to "Private" because three of them were already there. When I switched from "All Vaults" to "Primary", I was able to move the items to "Private". Solved!

BUT, what I can't figure out is why my Private vault has 100+ more items than my Primary did. Anyone else have that issue?

Rich

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @rsbae

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you were able to get that figured out. When converting from a standalone vault to a membership vault attachments will be converted to Documents. Documents are counted for item counts, whereas attachments are not. That may explain the discrepency in item counts.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• rsbae
    rsbae
    Community Member

Thank you for explaining the attachment situation. Mystery solved!

• You’re very welcome. Glad to hear it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.