I cannot install the 1PW mini.

cjcalifornia
cjcalifornia
Community Member

I just installed 1PW 7 on a new mac. I had a heck of a time but it seems to be working now. However, I have two vaults which I never knew I had. One is old or at least seems to be. I would only like one vault - at least I think I do. It's very confusing as it defaults to the primary vault on my mac which isn't accurate. the vault named personal is accurate. Also, I cannot install the mini on the toolbar. Have tried everything. I also don't understand how I am syncing

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:when i close 1PW the mini disapperas

Comments

• cjcalifornia
    cjcalifornia
    Community Member

When I open 1pw7 the mini appears , then when I close it, the mini disappears.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @cjcalifornia! If you have both a Primary vault and a Personal vault, then it sounds as if you have created a 1password.com account but also retained your previous standalone vault. If you're certain the Personal vault contains a complete and up-to-date copy of your information, then you can remove the older, standalone "Primary" vault by selecting it in the vault menu (top left of the main 1Password window), then in the menubar at the top of your screen, choose Vault > Delete Primary Vault. That should leave you with only your 1password.com account's Personal vault.

Regarding the 1Password mini, go to Preferences > Browsers and make sure the box marked "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" is checked. If it is, that should mean that the mini is always available in your Mac's menubar, even if you close the main application or window.

• cjcalifornia
    cjcalifornia
    Community Member

Gee Whiz - that was easy. Thanks so much. One more question, I used to have a backup that was in Dropbox. But I am assuming that that is no longer any good, and that my data info is residing now in the cloud since after signing in on my new travel (work) computer, all my info populated as mentioned above (only with the 2 vaults). Is there a quick or easy way to merge the two vaults by any chance?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cjcalifornia - glad I could help! :)

I used to have a backup that was in Dropbox. But I am assuming that that is no longer any good, and that my data info is residing now in the cloud...

Welllll...to be clear, Dropbox certainly qualifies in my book as "the cloud," so in reality your data was always "in the cloud" if you were syncing via Dropbox -- but you're correct; it's in a different cloud now: the 1password.com servers. We act as your data host and sync provider with 1password.com memberships, in sort of the same way Dropbox acted as your sync provider previously.

Is there a quick or easy way to merge the two vaults by any chance?

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that? If the Personal vault is a complete, up-to-date copy of your data, then merging the older Dropbox vault into the Personal vault would leave you back in the "duplicates" state that was why you got in touch with us initially. Sure, you CAN do this, but I'm not sure why you'd WANT to? Can you explain?

• cjcalifornia
    cjcalifornia
    Community Member

I thought that there might be a notice that asked if you wanted to skip duplicates rather than going through each category and making sure that I have the right vault. But, I'll just check the "old" fashioned way and get rid of the old vault. Not sure how I created two vaults but....
    And, assuming it's ok to get rid of the Dropbox backup since it's not longer relevant.
    Again, thanks for the speedy replies - much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cjcalifornia - it is indeed OK to remove the Dropbox keychain if you've successfully transitioned to a 1password.com account, as your data will be backed up and synced via the 1password.com servers from now on. So you can free up Dropbox space, if that's a concern for you. Let us know if you have any further questions, and have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.