Backup

Options
DirkK
DirkK
Community Member

We would like to use 1password for a team of about 6 members. The leader of the team wants to backup the vault on a local disk. I read this is possible. But makes 1Password also backups on each member's computer? When one of the team leaves the company, can hé/she access the backup on his/her own computer? Or is it blocked? How does that work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DirkK: 1Password.com handles backups of the encrypted data on the server automatically, offsite, and that also includes item history. The 1Password apps cache data locally, but that shouldn't be treated as a backup since if something happens to the device that will almost certainly be lost as well. That's why offsite backup is so important, and why we've built it into 1Password.com. You can also, however, copy data to a local vault on the device if you want to be able to sync it or back it up via other means, or export if you want to be able to take it somewhere else. Just keep in mind that there's no way to "block" someone from having data once you've given it to them; they could simply keep their device offline to avoid having it removed remotely. Be careful what you share. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• DirkK
    DirkK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, this is clear to me. I have to be careful. Thanks.
    Dirk

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're here if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.