Improve favicon?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Lounge

As of yesterday iCab Mobile allows one to use the favicon of a site (instead of a screen dump) to represent that site in their Quickstarter page. Unfortunately for this forum that icon looks really ugly (pixelated); probably because the resolution is way too low?

Can you please use a high resolution favicon?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII: If they're using favicons, they will necessarily be pixelated. I think the highest resolution for those is 32x32. They may support apple-touch-icons instead (also?), but we have that too so I'm not sure why that wouldn't work. Do you know where they're getting the icon from? It sounds like they may favor the favicon.

ref: forum-6

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

From that small icon or whatever you set in your HTML code, according to the creator of the App (HTML code informs where to get icons, so filename would no longer be relevant he said).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hmm. Well, we have an apple-touch-icon, which is a very standard, high-res, modern equivalent of the old school favicon, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't just grab that. For example, if you use Mobile Safari to "Add to Home Screen", that's the icon it uses:

This discussion has been closed.