Mini menu bar stays not on top screen

Rogier
Rogier
Community Member

When I click on the 1P mini menu bar a new screen appears and does not stay open if I click in a browsers (or somewhere else). It used to stay open and on top as a part of the menubar icon and not a separate screen. Is this part of a update or is it something I can change?

1Password Version: 7.0.7 (70007000)
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:mac menu bar

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The new 1Password mini is quite different from the old one. However, you can drag it to where you want it on your screen (it's rather easier to do that when it's locked) and it will remember its location next time you open it.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Rogier! Looks like @Stephen_C beat me to the answer, but the only thing I wanted to add is that when clicking the mini in your Mac's menubar, it should remain open as long as you don't click something else before using the mini or clicking within its window. If you have any other issues or questions, feel free to let us know; we're here to help! :)

• Rogier
    Rogier
    Community Member

Hi @Lars and @Stephen_C, thank you for your reaction. It confirms what i thought. Sometimes 1P can't fill in a form, so I have to manual insert username and pass. And then I have to "open" it after filling in the username, to copy the pass... But it is what it is. Thanks. Still love 1P :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Rogier - the entire web is a wild and wooly place, and there will always be a tiny minority of websites that just don't work well with 1Password. But we mostly know about these by now, so unless you've got some truly out-of-the-way sites, generally, filling should work. If it isn't, on a certain site, you may want to try re-saving the login manually. If you get a site that really just won't allow you to either save or fill, let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.