Dear God, please help me get back to 1Password 6

greenster
greenster
Community Member

I've already spent hours trying to configure 1Password on my new Mac and everything has gone horribly. Here's what I'd like to do:

1. I had 1Password 6 on my old Mac and everything worked fine. I used the Chrome extension, too. It was all beautiful. I want to go back to that wonderful setup (as recently as yesterday... sigh).
  2. Since you guys don't advertise 1Password 6 anymore and it's not available in the App Store, I thought I'd have to buy 1Password 7 for my new Mac, so I did. I now have a license for it... even though I don't want it. I was cursing you guys for extorting me, but then I realized that I actually CAN download 1Password 6 for Mac!!!!! Ugh. I need a refund for the license I bought for 1Password 7 yesterday. I wish it was more obvious that it's possible to still get 1Password 6.
  3. So I downloaded 1Password 6 but I've got High Sierra now. Can you confirm that 6 will work with High Sierra before I install it?
  4. I was trying to get 1Password 7 to work, and somehow or another it changed my .agilekeychain file to .legacyagilekeychain and created a .opvault file in the same Dropbox folder. And yet, 1PW7 is still using the .legacyagilekeychain file to access my vault... whaaat? I have no idea what's going on! What have I done??? Arghghghg why is this hard!?!?
  5. The 1PW app on my phone doesn't sync anymore because the filename changed in Dropbox. And I don't even know if I'm supposed to sync it with .legacyagilekeychain or .opvault. Rrrgh.

So what am I supposed to do? All I want is to have a working instance of 1PW6 on my new Mac; I want my Chrome extension to work properly (the 4.7.2.90 version is all whack and inexplicably doesn't work sometimes); I want 1PW to work on my phone and sync all prettily; I want a refund for the 1PW7 license that I bought last night.

Could one of your shiny happy people under the "Our team is here to help" banner please please, purty please help me achieve the same blissful 1PW6 setup on my new Mac that I enjoyed on my old one?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @greenster

Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com for assistance with a refund. We’re not able to handle any customer information here on this public forum. When you email in you’ll get a support ID. Please post that here so we can expedite your request for you.

You can read about how to revert to 1Password 6, which does work with Chrome and High Sierra, here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/441130/#Comment_441130

You should set up all of your devices to sync with the OPVault sync file and delete the legacy Agile Keychain once you’ve done so. Agile Keychain is being retired. OPVault is supported in both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7, but 1Password 7 does not support Agile Keychain.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• greenster
    greenster
    Community Member

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and for tolerating my drama. I think I'm all set.

1Password7 is great. I just don't need it yet since 6 is serving me fine. Cheers!

• Cheers. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.