To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out of 1password membership account

Options
JoannaR
JoannaR
Community Member

1password 6 is running on my new MacBook Pro. 1password4 is running on my old acer. they are syncing. I paid for a membership last month, carefully noted master password and can not get into the account, (really! I've tried all ideas.) I have my emergency kit and so have the secret key. There's something funky about the master pass. Is there a way to delete that account, get credit for the purchase so that I can start all over again? Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@JoannaR

Account specific inquiries are best handled by emailing support. They require email due to the very nature of the request. It’s also more one on one vs an open public forum and more account specific details can be communicated to the staff as needed.

Support@1Password.com

Send the request from the email associated with your account, please. You will get an auto reply with a ticket number. Also include a link to this topic if you don’t mind. It helps prevent duplication of efforts on the staffs part.

Reply back to this topic with the ticket number, so the forum staff and the email staff can connect the dots. No further information is required at that point.
    The staff will reply to you via that email.

Replies are answered in the order received. So there could be a small wait time.

Please also take the time to add the support address to your whitelist or address book so replies don’t end up in a junk or spam folder by accident.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JoannaR: Just to make sure we're on the same page, 1Password 4 won't be at all involved with your 1Password.com membership; it was created long before those existed. So you'll have to use whatever Master Password you setup for your vault at that time, which it sounds like is different from what you chose for your account.

Anyway, definitely reach out via email as thightower suggested if you're still stuck and we need to discuss anything sensitive related to your actual account. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.