When I installed iOS app, 1Password duplicated all of my logins; help?

jenmei
jenmei
Community Member

I just upgraded to 1password 7 (via membership) on my Mac. Once I got my old passwords imported, I tried installing the app on my iPhone. Scanned the code, went fine, and then … all of my items were duplicated. Any help?

More details:

I had previously installed 1Password 7 on my Mac. I deleted it when I realized it was very different from the one I was used to, and went back to the previous version (where passwords were stored in an agilekeychain). When I installed it again today, it must have read those old vault because newer entries were missing. So I imported the current agilekeychain. This created a bunch of duplicates. I realized it added an import tag, which was great (but there doesn't seem to be a way to bulk-remove tags or search for things that are not tagged with a tag, which is less great). So I deleted everything, and then imported the agilekeychain again. Everything was great, only one copy of each item!

Then I installed the new 1password on my iPhone, scanned the code, and now I have duplicates of all entries again. I could go through this process once more, but I'm a little afraid that when I add to another device, I'm going to get the same problem over and over.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate passwords

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jenmei - Hey there. Sorry for the trouble! I think I might know what's going on here, but to get a better look and be sure, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#WUE-37257-415]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jenmei only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WUE-37257-415

This discussion has been closed.