About Subscription!!

zoeyemars
zoeyemars
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hi, I'm not a native English speaker, please sympathize for my poor writing.
I have a subscription with your service, and one of my iMacs will use Snow Leopard since it's Early 2008. I would like to know if I will have any trouble using my subscription or any syncing issue.
Thank for any responce.

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zoeyemars, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Sadly, the last version of 1Password for Mac to support Snow Leopard is v3, and 1Password 7 dropped support for the old AgileKeychain storage format (which 1Password 3 through 6 used) in favor of a new format called OPVault, so using a standalone license is not an option. Also, accessing your data through the browser at 1Password.com is not an option either since most major browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox) stopped supporting Snow Leopard in mid-2016, and the web client requires modern cryptography libraries to function safely and correctly.

That leaves us with a final option: it seems that Early 2008 iMacs support up to macOS 10.11 El Capitan, so we recommend upgrading to that, and downloading 1Password 6 from here. 1Password 6 is the latest version that supports macOS 10.11, and it works perfectly with the subscription and the OPVault format.

This discussion has been closed.