Option for re-enable a (firefox) browser plugin on a new Mac?

steaven
steaven
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hello,

I have moved my firefox data (different profiles within firefox) after a new macOS installation from one ssd to a new one. I copied the files using terminal with su cp and changed the the file settings with chown -R to the same correct username. My 1password Addons needed to be adjusted / connected to the new installed 1password for security reasons I guess (on a new ssd drive I mean).

Is there a way to use an option that 1password do the authentication between the app and browser add-on again to get it working?

For now I removed the firefox add-on within each browser profile, installed it again and after some time it worked.

Isn't there a more easy way maybe?

English isn't my native speak but I think its possible to capture my question ;)

By the way ... keep working on 1Password. I really like it.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@steaven: Thanks for the kind words! I"m glad that you're enjoying 1Password. :)

I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like your problem is that you don't have Firefox and 1Password in the system /Applications folder. There's no solution for that, except to put them both there. Due to sandboxing, they will not be able to communicate with each other unless they are both in /Applications. Let me know if that helps.

• steaven
    steaven
    Community Member

@brenty

I installed both apps by the normal way. 1 Password from App Store (ordered it there) and Firefox after downloading from mozilla. I am not sure how it is calling how 1Password handle it but if I install it the first time it display a "code" that the user should check before the browser plugin will get access to 1Password.

Is there a way to force 1Password to enable / double check the plugin again after moving profiles with installed addons to a new Mac?

Is it maybe now more clear to get my point? I am not so much deep in technical details how 1Password works behind the scenes to make a better description about my problem currently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steaven: Firefox no longer requires the user to confirm a code to connect to 1Password. We've been using NativeMessaging since last year, and that allows us to verify the connection automatically now. I'm not sure what might be preventing them from connecting in your case.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#FIR-46656-355]

If you’re reading this and you are not steaven, this Support ID is for steaven only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: FIR-46656-355

This discussion has been closed.