Have a 1Password License. When upgrading to version 7 I am prompted for Account Details

Ibsos
Ibsos
Community Member

I am asked to key in Sign-In Address xxxx.1.password.com, e-mail address, Secret Key, and Master Password.

Previously I had only to key in my license key (since 01.03.2013), very easy, but know it is more difficult with all the above.

I have been asked to look for my Secret Key at another 1Password computer, but since I have a license I understand that I should not have a Secret Key and the information is also not available.

How do I approach this issue and get the above information being prompted for? How do I access 1Password 7?

I know my Master Password, but none of the other information seems to be available to me.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to be being able to access version 7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G1510)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have a 1Password License. When upgrading to version 7 I am prompted for Account Details

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Ibsos you, like many others, have been lured into setting up a trial subscription when, on the initial setup screen for 1Password 7, you should have selected Need a license? We have those too.". (I'm assuming you'd prefer to buy a licence for 1Password 7—the licenced version is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6—rather than take out a subscription to 1Password.com.)

Without a little more detail I'm unsure exactly what state 1Password is now in for you. However if:

• it's in read only mode; and
    • you want to buy a licence as opposed to a subscription

you should be able to buy the licence by going, in 1Password 7, to 1Password 7 menu item which should have a link allowing you to purchase a licence.

If that doesn't make sense in the context of what you see do please post here again and someone will help you.

Stephen

• Ibsos
    Ibsos
    Community Member

Thanks @Stephen_C I get it. A bit tricky, but found it. However, one additional question, the plan for 1Password 7 license says "A single user license for 1Password for Mac" - price $49.99.

With my current license purchased on 2013/02/01 I have the following access: "This license may be used by 5 persons on as many Mac-Computers, which are required".

I have several personal Mac's and iPhones, will I be able to use my 1Password 7 upgraded license across all of those devices?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Ibsos:

I have several personal Mac's and iPhones, will I be able to use my 1Password 7 upgraded license across all of those devices?

There's a useful AgileBits' blog article about 1Password 7 for Mac here which, at the end, includes the following:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

What has changed is that there's no longer a "family licence"—so you can't share your licence with family members.

The iOS app is separately licensed through the iOS App Store so your 1Password 7 Mac licence has no bearing on that.

Stephen

• Ibsos
    Ibsos
    Community Member

Thanks @Stephen_C for the clarification. Very helpfull.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Ibsos! I'm sorry for the trouble. It looks like @Stephen_C has covered all the bases here, so hopefully things are all squared away now. However, if not, or if you run into any further trouble, please don't hesitate to get in touch, either here or via support@1password.com. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.