Signing into 1Pswd account with an ancient iMac running El Capitain 10.11.6

chrish
chrish
Community Member

Thought I would put an old iMac back to work, but cannot connect with my existing 1Password account to sync.
The error message reads: "No response code from service. Please try again."
Which I have done - many times.
WiFi is working and the machine connected to iCloud.
Given its vintage, I cannot upgrade OSX above 10.11.6 and that also prevents me upgrading 1Pswd also.

I'm presuming this exercise will not fly, but pleasant surprises are always welcome.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @chrish,

If you are indeed running 6.5.3 then you'll at least want to move forward to 6.8.9 which is available from our downloads page under the "running an older OS?" section, https://1password.com/downloads/

• chrish
    chrish
    Community Member

Thanks for the link Rudy.
    Upgraded to 6.8.9, but it didn't change the outcome.

• Hi @chrish ,

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac. First, restart your Mac again, and try to sign into your account. Then, please generate and send a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93475/signing-into-1pswd-account-with-an-ancient-imac-running-el-capitain-10-11-6#latest
    • Your forum username: chrish

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll have a look to see if it anything can be done.

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.