Dropbox-based sync "lost" after upgrading to 1Password 7 for families on my first device

brucehobbs
brucehobbs
Community Member

After upgrading to 1Password 7 for families on my first device (an iMac) although all the entries from my Dropbox vault were imported they are no longer being synchronized to Dropbox. In Preferences>Advanced>Local Vaults is NOT checked. There is no Preferences>Sync being displayed. Not recognizing the problem I've since upgraded all my other devices and they're all now synchronizing to the original Dropbox vault.

What do I need to do in order to get my iMac synchronizing to Dropbox again, ideally without losing any of the changes I've made since upgrading?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-0 (70100000) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.14 Beta (18A326h)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:After upgrading to 1Password 7 for families no longer syncing to dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The thing is that Dropbox sync only applies to local vaults.

For vaults within an account synching is automatically done through 1password.com, so users don't have to set anything up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @brucehobbs! Sorry for the confusion. If you've created a 1password.com membership as part of your upgrade process, then you won't need to sync via Dropbox any longer; all your data will be securely synced via the 1password.com servers -- that's part of the membership. What you will need to do is make sure all your other devices switch from the older Dropbox sync to the newer 1password.com account. On the Mac (or a PC), you can add your account, after which you'll need to remove your older "Primary" vault. You can do this by selecting the Primary vault in the vault menu at the top left of the main 1Password window, then in the menubar at the top of your screen, choose Vault > Delete Primary Vault.

On iOS, the process is more or less the same: make sure you sign into your account on each device first, then you can visit Settings > Vaults and delete your Primary vault, leaving you running your 1password.com account vaults only. Let us know if you have further questions or hit any snags. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Oh...and thanks, @danco! :)

• brucehobbs
    brucehobbs
    Community Member

Thanks for the assistance! I'd completely missed the Dropbox-related change. :-(

Anyway, all seems well again now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brucehobbs - excellent news! Glad to hear between @danco and myself, we were able to assist. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.