Updated passwords changed on my Mac laptop do not appear in the 1password app on my iPhone 8.

SusanMahoney
SusanMahoney
Community Member

I am trying to understand and use 1Password. I have all my passwords inside the app, but have just recently taken out a subscription. I have figured out how to generate a password, but when I do that and replace the old one on my Mac laptop, the change does not take place in the 1Password app on my iPhone 8. Shouldn't they sync? Re the questions below about which versions I have - I tried to follow the links but they just confused me. I have the latest versions, because I downloaded them a few days ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Updated passwords do not appear on my iPhone 8; changed on Mac laptop.

Comments

• Hi @SusanMahoney ,

It sounds like you may not have added the account to your iPhone, so it doesn't know about the account. It could be that, or you haven't migrated the items on your Mac from the old Primary vault to the new Personal vault in your subscription account. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93486/updated-passwords-changed-on-my-mac-laptop-do-not-appear-in-the-1password-app-on-my-iphone-8#latest
    • Your forum username: SusanMahoney

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to see how your two devices are set up and show you how to make any changes needed.

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.