UI freezes in v.7.0.7

odysseus
odysseus
Community Member

I’ve been experiencing weird UI freezes in 1P7 v.7.0.7 for Mac OS (10.13.6), where clicking on something does nothing. Sometimes this goes away by itself, and sometimes I have to quit and relaunch the app.

Has anyone else seen this?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Hi @odysseus

Thanks for the report. I can’t say that I’ve seen this behavior or other reports like it. I’m not really finding anything when searching our issue tracker either. Is there any particular thing that seems to correlate with this happening? E.x. Does it happen when viewing a certain category of items, but not another? Does it only happen when a certain other application is running? I understand those may be difficult things to observe, but if you do notice a pattern that may be helpful in tracking down the cause.

Please keep an eye on it and let us know. Thanks!

Ben

• willum11
    willum11
    Community Member

This exact situation is happening to me as well: UI freezing in 1P7 v.7.0.7 in Mac OS (10.13.6). I have to restart 1P7 to unfreeze it. No particular action seems to bring it on. Locking it from the Safari extension, and then reentering my Master Password does not unfreeze the UI.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @willum11! I'm sorry for the trouble. However, I'm with Ben -- I've not seen this nor heard reports of it previously. Not saying that means we don't believe you...just that we're a little unsure where to start with such an issue. What would be helpful is if you could identify any conditions under which it happens. I'd also recommend a fresh restart of your Mac as the first step toward testing under what conditions it begins.

• willum11
    willum11
    Community Member

OK, I think I’m closer to knowing what’s going on.
    When I leave 1Password open in the background, after 30 minutes the UI freezes and does not show the locked screen requiring my Master Password, like it used to do.
    If I choose 1Password > Lock in the menu, the lock screen appears. But after I’ve typed in my password, the UI is still frozen.
    I have to quit and restart 1Password and log in for the UI to unfreeze.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
    16 GB memory

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@willum11 - in 1Password for Mac, the Preferences > Security panel allows you to adjust the security settings pretty broadly. What does it say there for Lock after computer is idle for ___ minutes? If you have 30 minutes set there, then this behavior isn't too unusual...except that it should simply lock, it shouldn't freeze in unlocked state. To be clear, this would be after thirty minutes of absolutely NO input from you of any kind - no mouse movements, no key presses, nothing. When this happens, and you return to the Mac, do you see the lock screen immediately? Or something else?

This discussion has been closed.