App won't open websites in Chrome

markhorrocks
markhorrocks
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

If Chrome is the default browser on a Macbook Air, selecting "open and fill" from the app does nothing. There is a brief flash but no web page opens. It works fine if Safari is the default browser.

The browser extension works fine if used without the app..

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-0 (70100000) AgileBit
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: local

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markhorrocks, if you explicitly open Chrome and have it sitting in the background and attempt to "Open and fill", does it still exhibit the same behavior? I sometimes have situations in which Chrome does not quit properly when I do Command + Q, and it ends up sitting in the background unable to open.

If the issue still occurs, please try completely restarting Chrome by holding Option and right clicking on the dock icon, and selecting "Force Quit".

Please let me know if these solutions fix the problem :smile:.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Also, you could check if you have the latest version of Chrome by going to About Google Chrome in the Chrome menu. That should tell you if you have the latest version, and if not it may ask you to quit and restart Chrome to complete installation of the latest version.

I have come across problems (though can't recall if there were issues with 1PW) if the latest version has been downloaded but not yet installed.

• Yes; 1Password will not function if a Chrome update has been downloaded but Chrome has not been installed. This is a function of codesigning verification. Good point, danco.

Ben

• markhorrocks
    markhorrocks
    Community Member

That appeared to be the problem. I reopened Chrome and went to about but it told me that it was already up to date, however, this time it worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that did the trick for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.