why does my primary vault lack categories that are on personal vault? Can I merge them?

byrown
byrown
Community Member

I just found out that I was not signed in on my 1Password on my Mac though I have been using it for two years. I found my personal vault once I signed in and discovered that it has 13 categories of information; the primary vault only has 8. Why is that? Nevertheless, now I have 8 more items in my primary than in my personal. Where are the other categories on the primary? Can I merge these two vaults? I don't want two vaults but the primary seems to be missing things I had stored in my personal. Also if I want to switch to my personal vault how do I get it to sync on Dropbox like the primary is now? Help!

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Vaults: why does my primary vault lack categories on my personal vault? Can I merge them?

Comments

• Hi @byrown

I’d be happy to help with that.

I found my personal vault once I signed in and discovered that it has 13 categories of information; the primary vault only has 8. Why is that?

Membership vaults support the Documents category which standalone vaults do not. Beyond that I don’t believe there are any differences in the available categories. If you don’t have any items in a particular category it won’t appear in the list.

Also if I want to switch to my personal vault how do I get it to sync on Dropbox like the primary is now? Help!

Being that the Personal vault is a membership vault it can’t sync via Dropbox... it can only sync via 1Password.com. Signing into your 1Password account on each device will give you access to that vault.

Can I merge these two vaults? I don't want two vaults but the primary seems to be missing things I had stored in my personal.

There isn’t really a way to merge them, but you can move items between vaults:

Move items between vaults | 1Password

I’d suggest moving any items into your Personal vault and then deleting the Primary vault. 1Password will then unlock using the Master Password of your 1Password membership.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• byrown
    byrown
    Community Member

thank you, Ben.

• You’re welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.