Importing from 1P 6 to 7 generates an error

flundsten
flundsten
Community Member

I’m trying to import data from 1P 6 to 1P 7 using the import function. The data is stored on Dropbox. Halfway through the import the process is stopped due to a format, 1P 7 cannot read and aborts. I can access the data on my iPhone app with no problems. Any suggestions to what to do?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@flundsten - we've seen this a couple of times previously; it's often due to a corrupted or otherwise unrecognizable attachment. Which of the import options were you choosing? And what format is you Dropbox data in - Agile Keychain or OPVault? And do you still have 1Password 6 for Mac installed?

• flundsten
    flundsten
    Community Member

@Lars - Thank you for your reply. I only have 1P 7 installed. The import option I use is the Import function from the menu, selecting 1Password Keychain. The process starts importing (approx. 900 entries), but halts around 280-ish. I have tried to select 1Password 6, but receive an error message that no information is found.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Thanks @flundsten. I’m sorry for the trouble. I think the best thing at this point may be to revert to 1Password 6 and attempt the conversion there:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain | 1Password

You can find instructions on how to revert to v6 here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/441130/#Comment_441130

Once you’ve converted your sync file to an OPVault from an Agile Keychain you can attempt the upgrade to v7 again.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.