Master password not updating

meekotherogue
meekotherogue
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

I have 3 devices with 1Password, 2 Macs and my Android phone. Lets say my previous password was "A". On my work Mac, I updated the master password to "B". On both my phone and my home Mac, I had to initially use the previous password A to unlock, and then re-authenticate using the new password B. This was, as I understand it, expected.

Then, on my home Mac, it reverted back to the old password A in order to unlock it. I attempted to update the master password to my new password B on this machine, but in the "old password" text box, it would only except my new password B as my "old" password, even though it's A (and what I used to unlock 1Pass in the first place). So I tried to set it to B again on this machine. I immediately locked it to try it out, and it still would only unlock with password A.

This is very troubling to me, as I changed my password for security reasons. It appears to be fine on my work Mac and phone (they require B as a password), but it's still pretty unsettling.

Looks like the web app is also unlocked with B. What could be wrong with my home Mac that it still prompts me for A?

EDIT: I should add that on my home machine, I updated a login, and it has not been able to sync to my other devices.

EDIT 2: I just went to unlock 1Pass on my work machine and my phone, and again I was double prompted for my password, but B worked for both. And now, that previously mentioned update from Edit1 has been updated successfully.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@meekotherogue: Are you using a 1Password.com account, or some other sync method? Do you have a Primary vault on any of your devices? If so, that's completely separate from 1Password.com, so changing the Master Password there will not affect the other and vice versa. Let me know

This discussion has been closed.