Sync incomplete on new iPhone X // Working on two iOS-Devices very well (same Apple-ID)

Options
mina_fr
mina_fr
Community Member

Hi there, i set up a new iPhone X. 1Password-Sync is working from icloud but it´s incomplete (old pw, logins missing for example) -> Sync is working very well between my other two iOS-Devices (managed iPhone 8plus an iPad Pro).

Reinstalling 1Password on iPhone X doesen ´t solve the problem. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mina_fr! If you're using iCloud as your sync method, the file should be identical everywhere. Especially if this is a new phone, so you're setting it up without any history or potential remnants of previous versions already on the phone, it should pick up exactly what's on the other two devices. The only way that would not be the case is if you are using two different iCloud accounts. Are you? Are you signed into iCloud using different Apple IDs on the different devices?

• mina_fr
    mina_fr
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly the same accounts / Apple-ID‘s. Thanks a lot for your fast response.

What I see is the there a 92 items synced on the two device and only 84 on the new device :-(( - and these do have old passwords. I have no glue...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mina_fr - OK, thanks for disproving that theory. Next, I'd like you to look at Settings > Sync for each device. Can you tell me what each one is set to?

• mina_fr
    mina_fr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, it´s me again. Now the new device is also a managed device and im unable to syc my vault via icloud (diabled). What i´m now trying ist to setup 1Password on my mac (i´m a pro user) and using wlan sync. Problem
    1. how can i use my pro-license in 1Password (6 or 7) for mac?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mina_fr - I'm a little confused, here, since I thought you were using iCloud as your sync method. If you've switched to WLAN, you don't need both those options. You can find steps for troubleshooting WLAN sync here, and for iCloud here.

I'm not sure what you mean by "use my pro-license in 1Password (6 or 7) for Mac?" Licenses for 1Password are sold per-person and per-platform. Licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) typically require a paid upgrade. A license for 1Password 6 for Mac, for example, does not allow you to license 1Password 7 for Mac, as that's a separate purchase. Which version(s) do you have a license for?

• mina_fr
    mina_fr
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for that but it seems to be complicated. I purchased a Pro-License for only syncing between iOS-Devices (iPhone and iPad). Due to an device upgrade and the actual company policy (icloud-drive is not allowed) in the mobile device management i´m not more able to sync proper between new iphone and existing iPad.

So i thought i could solve my issue in switching to wlan-sync from my macbook pro - but it seems that the pro-license doesen´t allow that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for that but it seems to be complicated. I purchased a Pro-License for only syncing between iOS-Devices (iPhone and iPad). Due to an device upgrade and the actual company policy (icloud-drive is not allowed) in the mobile device management i´m not more able to sync proper between new iphone and existing iPad.

@mina_fr: I hear you. A lot of people agreed that it was too complicated, both with regard to licensing and sync. That's a big part of why we introduced 1Password.com memberships: you simply sign into your account on a device to access your data — no sync configuration or license management at all. You may want to consider that. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

So i thought i could solve my issue in switching to wlan-sync from my macbook pro - but it seems that the pro-license doesen´t allow that.

I'm not sure I understand. What is the problem you're having? WLAN Server works in both 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac.

• mina_fr
    mina_fr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have a Pro-License. How can I use it with 1Password for Mac?

• Ben
    Options

@mina_fr

The Pro features for 1Password for iOS in-app purchase does not include 1Password for Mac. It is for iOS only. If you'd like to use 1Password on both iOS and Mac I'd highly recommend a 1Password membership as Brenty mentioned above. Otherwise you'd need to purchase a 1Password 7 for Mac license. They are currently on sale for a limited time for $50 USD (not including tax). Once the sale ends they will be $65. If you'd like to purchase a license you can do so within the 1Password 7 for Mac application when downloaded from our website:

Download for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux | 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.